Our strategic plan
Other content in this section
Our ‘Fit for the future’ strategy for 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2025 describes what we plan to do over the next five years to achieve our vision of being recognised for delivering world-class regulation and excellent customer service.
The three main strategic objectives are:
- Delivering world-class regulatory practice
- Transforming customer service
- Building a culture of continuous improvement
Download a copy of our Strategic Plan for more information.
Business Plan 2022-23
Within this Business Plan, we outline the work programmes we aim to deliver to achieve our vision of being recognised for delivering world-class regulation and excellent customer service.
The key work programmes that will be undertaken for each objective are:
World-class regulatory practice
- Develop business case for legislative reform following our call for evidence on changing the Opticians Act, including any additional research required or development of policy positions;
- Develop and consult on new standards of practice;
- Publish and implement new education and training requirements, as part of the Education Strategic Review;
- Implement new Continuing Professional Development scheme.
Transforming customer service
- Develop and implement a customer care and engagement strategy;
- Launch new MyGOC website for registrants;
- Review communications strategy and launch revised corporate branding;
- Implement new illegal practice strategy and protocol.
- Development of CRM to support regulatory functions;
- Develop and implement a secure portal to share information with external parties involved in fitness to practise, registration and qualification approval and quality assurance, as well as Council and committees;
- Develop and implement a People Plan.
Download the full 2022-23 Business Plan and Budget for more information.