Contacting us during the COVID-19 emergency
GOC staff are now working remotely instead of the office, which is now closed to the public. Enquiries should be made by email where possible. However, if you would prefer to contact us by telephone, please call us on 020 7580 3898.
There may occasionally be background noise and we will only answer calls where staff are able to talk confidentially. This may mean call waiting times are longer than you might usually expect. If we can’t answer your call, you’ll be able to leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please note: We will only be responding to messages 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
To help with your queries, we've developed some Frequently Asked Questions.
Please find a list below of emails for each department, for:
- Registration enquiries email email@example.com
- Fitness to Practise enquiries or to raise a concern or complaint email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Education & Training enquiries email email@example.com
- Hearings enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standards enquiries email email@example.com
- Education enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications enquiries email email@example.com
- Governance enquiries: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member appointment enquiries: email email@example.com
- General enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting our offices
10 Old Bailey
9:00 - 17:00 Mon – Thurs
9:00 - 16:45 Fri
Please note that due to the COVID-19 emergency, our office is closed to any visitors until further notice.
Our central London office is a short walk from Blackfriars and City Thameslink railway stations as well as St Paul's tube. The area is well served by local buses - see www.tfl.gov.uk for details. See Parkopedia for details and prices of nearby car parks. Please be aware that the office is in the central London congestion charging zone.
To keep up to date with the latest news and developments follow us on social media:
Contact us on Twitter and LinkedIn to ask us questions about registering with us, Continuing Education and Training (CET) for optical professionals, or any other general queries you may have.
Concerns about a registered optical professional
If you would like to raise a concern about registered optical professional, please visit our 'Raising concerns' section for more information, please do not raise your complaint through social media.