Recently published statements during the COVID-19 emergency
The GOC recently published two statements during the COVID-19 emergency. A brief synopsis on both statements as well as links to the full documents are below.
Statement on education quality assurance activity during the COVID-19 emergency
In response to queries from education providers, we’ve published a statement which outlines how our quality assurance activity of GOC-approved education will change during the COVID-19 emergency.
The statement covers the following areas:
- The health of patients, students and staff
- Changes to our education quality assurance activity
- Notification of events and changes to manage teaching and assessment of approved qualifications
- How we will prioritise quality assurance visits
- Publication of our combined Quality Assurance handbook
- Changes to annual monitoring and reporting (AMR)
To read the statement in full, visit our dedicated COVID-19 page. If you have any questions, please contact the Education team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement on approach to service documents and hearings during the COVID-19 emergency
In response to questions from our registrants and the public, we have published a statement which outlines our approach in fitness to practise for the service of documents and facilitating hearings.
This statement covers the following areas:
- How we will approach investigations and hearings during this emergency period and any adaptations to our processes
- How we are keeping our overarching objective – the protection of the public – at the forefront of our efforts to continue maintaining our functions
- Moving to a process of serving all notifications, notices and documents electronically via our secure email system
- Requiring all registrants to ensure that their contact details are up to date
- Virtual hearings will replace physical hearings where possible and attendees are outlined
- Processes for virtual hearings to support hearings standards and regulations
To read the statement in full, visit our dedicated COVID-19 page If you have any questions, please contact the Hearings team at email@example.com