Technical Advisory Group
Other content in this section
The purpose of the Technical Advisory Group (TAG) is to advise our Education Team on the drafting and preparation of documentation (evidence frameworks, specifications, etc.) to support the implementation of our Quality Assurance and Enhancement Method (QA&E Method) to ensure the smooth management of applications for new qualification approval or change proposals from providers and/or potential providers of GOC-approved qualifications.
Scope of authority
The Technical Advisory Group (TAG) is a GOC-led advisory group, focused on providing advice and information to the GOC Education team. It is a task and finish group, bringing a range of perspectives to inform its advice to the GOC on the drafting of relevant documentation in pursuit of its purpose. It does not have any decision-making powers or delegated authority from the bodies represented on it. However, it is expected that the TAG will work closely with the GOC-commissioned Knowledge Hub SPOKE (Sector Partnership for Optical Knowledge and Education), the GOC’s Sector Strategic Implementation Steering Group (SSISG) and the GOC’s Education team, as well as the sector body representatives on the TAG, providing advice on agreed workstreams.
Find out more information about the SPOKE knowledge hub.
Technical Advisory Group nominees
- Alicia Thompson (Association of British Dispensing Opticians)
- Lizzie Ostler (College of Optometrists)
- David Hewlett (Federation of Dispensing Opticians)
- Will Holmes (Optometry Schools Council)
- Jay Dermott (Opticians Academic Schools Council)
- Saqib Ahmad (Association of Optometrists)
- Kiki Soteri (GOC Education Visitor Panel member)
- Mike Galvin (GOC Education Committee Member)
- Andrew Logan (GOC Education Committee Member)
- Julie-Anne Little (Optometrist from Dispensing Panel, GOC Education Visitor Panel member)
- Graham Stevenson (Dispensing Optician, GOC Education Visitor Panel member)
- Kevin Gutshell (Dispensing Optician, GOC Education Visitor Panel member)
Please email any further suggestions to the GOC Director of Education or the GOC Education Quality Assurance team on firstname.lastname@example.org.