Raising your concern
Before you begin your application please read the important information, provided below, in full. It will save you time and help you complete your application.
Before you start
Please make sure you have read our guide on how to complain about an optician.
Please remember we can't:
- arrange refunds, compensation or apologies
- give you legal advice
- give you an explanation of what has happened to you
- order an optician to give you access to your records
If your concern is about one of the above please visit our help for patients page to get more information on where to get help.
Raising your concern anonymously
If you wish to make an anonymous complaint, you will not be able to use this form.
Please either email us at email@example.com or call us on 020 7580 3898.
However, please be aware that this may make it more difficult for us to consider the referral and may mean we cannot take any action. You will not receive any information from us about our enquiries or the outcome if you raise your concern anonymously.
Information you will need before you begin
To help us with our investigation please provide us with as much information about your concern as possible, this includes:
- Details of the optician(s) you are raising the concerns about;
- As much information as possible about the concern you are raising;
- Any relevant documents, such as prescriptions or letters, that may relate to your complaint;
- Details of any witnesses who also saw/heard the things you are concerned about;
- Details of any other organisations you may have raised your concerns with.