- Standards and guidance
- Standards for optical students
- 8. Ensure that supervision is undertaken appropriately and complies with the law
Standards for optical students
8. Ensure that supervision is undertaken appropriately and complies with the law
The responsibility to ensure that supervision does not compromise patient care and safety is shared between the supervisor and the trainee.
When being supervised:
- You must only be supervised by someone who is approved by your employer or training provider.
- Ensure that your supervisor is on the premises, in a position to oversee the work you undertake and is ready to intervene if necessary in order to protect patients.
- Your supervisor retains clinical responsibility for the patient.
- Comply with all legal requirements governing the activity.