- Standards and guidance
- Standards of practice for optometrists and dispensing opticians
- 15. Maintain appropriate boundaries with others
Standards for optometrists and dispensing opticians
15. Maintain appropriate boundaries with others
- Maintain proper professional boundaries with your patients, students and others that you come into contact with during the course of your professional practice and take special care when dealing with vulnerable people.
- Never abuse your professional position to exploit or unduly influence your patients or the public, whether politically, financially, sexually or by other means which serve your own interest.